Update: The run is LIVE on the MyCrew app. Download it here MyCrew and look for the run to get easy access to updates and find out who else is joining.
Ok, so here it is Saturday 29th December – a Trail run around Three Bridges. Who wants to join?
This time last year I met a bunch of trail runners. A collective of like minded individuals who share a passion for running, trails and enjoying nature. They welcomed me into their open group and took me on many adventures over the year. I want you to experience this too. So, come and join the Cool Cats (check them out on Facebook and the ‘gram!) as we head to Three Bridges to get one last muddy trail run in before the New Year comes…
Details are below, but get in touch with me directly and I’ll make sure you are added to the group and kept up to date with the plans. Expect cold and wet weather with mud and plenty of great company. We run together, to enjoy each other’s company and share the trails (there will be plenty of opportunity to take pictures along the way). We’ll probably be floating around the 7.30min/km (just under 12min/mile) pace on average.
The route will be a ~37km loop from Three Bridges, Starting and ending in Three Bridges Station. We will initially run down towards Balcombe station where you can opt to join the group there and do a shorter route (approximately 20km) as we head back up to Three Bridges. The longer route will have a few hills and a total elevation gain of about 500m.
Both routes are available on my Strava page (links below) where you can download the GPX/TCX files if you want to.
Both routes are mainly trail but will involve a few road sections.
The Long Route (36km)
The shorter Route (~20km (to the pub!))
The Where –
- Three Bridges Train Station
- If you are joining for the shorter route, meet at the Half Moon Pub, a short walk from Balcombe Station
Saturday 29th December.
- Meet for 08:45 to start running at 09:00am from outside the station (Three Bridges)
- If joining for the Shorter Route, be at the Half Moon Pub for 11:00am (you may need to wait a little while but I will provide updates to those joining)
How to Get there
From Central London:
- Either Train from London Bridge (08:07am) / Blackfriars (07:59am). Or join from another station along the way. Get off at Three Bridges (or Balcombe if joining for the shorter route, get a later train though!)
From anywhere else:
- No idea! You’ll have to figure that out for yourself!!
- We’ll head to the Hillside Inn afterwards. Passing Three Bridges station again on the way. Address is Balcombe Road, Crawley RH10 7SX
- Get there on time! We will start running at 09:00. That means you need to be there before 09:00! Please don’t make everyone else late. Likewise if you are joining at Balcombe, we’ll come and find you but won’t be hanging around if you are not there on time!
- Whilst this isn’t an organised event and there is no mandatory kit, be sensible! Bring what you need. It is advisable to:
- bring enough water for the whole journey (there are no planned water stops along the route),
- bring food to eat and keep you fuelled (we’ll be running for hours!),
- its December so bring warm clothes and something to keep you protected from the rain,
- Something warm and dry (inc dry socks!) for afterwards too!
- Any medical supplies you need!
- Expect mud, Trail shoes are advised!
- If you feel unwell or have an injury, tell someone. Don’t be afraid to speak to us, so we can help you!
- Please make sure you are capable of doing the whole distance comfortably. Whilst we will stick together as a group, we aren’t set up to split into different groups. We will be running and not hiking!
- This is not a race nor a guided trail run! It is a social/group run. There are no pacers or leaders. We will run together at a pace suitable for everyone. If you want to go faster it is your responsibility not to get lost, to come back to the group or to wait and regroup. It is not other people’s responsibility to keep pace with you! Leave your training plans and times at home!
So if you are interested in joining, get in touch here or via Instagram to let me know (If I don’t know you are coming, I can’t plan for you!)
A sneak peak of what is in store for you…